01/01: gnu: python-pygpgme: Use GnuPG 1 for the test suite.
Add Reply
Mark H Weaver
2017-12-27 00:11:13 UTC
Hi Leo,
commit e6f63412c9abe6a3b4ddf0ce39735d1e2a65491d
Date: Wed Dec 20 03:20:09 2017 -0500
gnu: python-pygpgme: Use GnuPG 1 for the test suite.
* gnu/packages/gnupg.scm (python-pygpgme, python2-pygpgme)[inputs]: Use gnupg-1
and make it a native-input.
commit 0e06bec250f34dbab378b2c1e937af75db900bcc
Date: Wed Dec 20 03:20:01 2017 -0500
gnu: gpgme: Build with the latest GnuPG.
* gnu/packages/gnupg.scm (gpgme)[inputs]: Use the latest gnupg package.
[arguments]: Keep a reference to the gnupg package used for build.
Clearly you were aware that python-pygpgme needed adjustment to continue
building, and I appreciate your attention to detail here, but something
seems to have gone wrong. Since these commits, Hydra has failed to
build python-pygpgme and python2-pygpgme on all hydra-supported systems:

https://hydra.gnu.org/eval/109862#tabs-now-fail
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/python-pygpgme-0.3.x86_64-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/python-pygpgme-0.3.i686-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/python-pygpgme-0.3.armhf-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/python2-pygpgme-0.3.x86_64-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/python2-pygpgme-0.3.i686-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/python2-pygpgme-0.3.armhf-linux

I can reproduce the failure on my local GuixSD system as well.

Could you take a look?

Mark
Leo Famulari
2017-12-27 02:04:06 UTC
Date: Wed Dec 20 03:20:01 2017 -0500
gnu: gpgme: Build with the latest GnuPG.
* gnu/packages/gnupg.scm (gpgme)[inputs]: Use the latest gnupg package.
[arguments]: Keep a reference to the gnupg package used for build.
Clearly you were aware that python-pygpgme needed adjustment to continue
building, and I appreciate your attention to detail here, but something
seems to have gone wrong. Since these commits, Hydra has failed to
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

It's a consequence of having configured GPGME with --enable-fixed-path,
which in our case forces GPGME to use the GnuPG executable it was built
with. [0]

I made this change rather late in the development of these patches,
after having tested them more fully.

Since we previously let GPGME find GnuPG in the environment, and that
worked fine, I'll revert that part of the change shortly.

[0] https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29781#25
Mark H Weaver
2017-12-28 00:57:17 UTC
Post by Leo Famulari
Post by Mark H Weaver
Date: Wed Dec 20 03:20:01 2017 -0500
[...]
Thanks for looking into it!

Alas, your most recent changes seem to have now broken qgpgme:

https://hydra.gnu.org/eval/109869#tabs-now-fail
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/qgpgme-1.9.0.x86_64-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/qgpgme-1.9.0.i686-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/qgpgme-1.9.0.armhf-linux

Mark
Leo Famulari
2017-12-28 04:05:21 UTC
Sigh... I didn't even know this package existed. I'll take a look.
Leo Famulari
2017-12-28 04:56:17 UTC
Post by Mark H Weaver
https://hydra.gnu.org/eval/109869#tabs-now-fail
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/qgpgme-1.9.0.x86_64-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/qgpgme-1.9.0.i686-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/qgpgme-1.9.0.armhf-linux
Okay, this should be fixed in commit 0684f1d6b522b9e54. Sorry for the
mess...