01/01: gnu: python-pygpgme: Use GnuPG 1 for the test suite.
Mark H Weaver
2017-12-27 00:11:13 UTC
Hi Leo,

Last month, you pushed this commit to master:

> commit e6f63412c9abe6a3b4ddf0ce39735d1e2a65491d
> Author: Leo Famulari <***@famulari.name>
> Date: Wed Dec 20 03:20:09 2017 -0500
>
> gnu: python-pygpgme: Use GnuPG 1 for the test suite.
>
> * gnu/packages/gnupg.scm (python-pygpgme, python2-pygpgme)[inputs]: Use gnupg-1
> and make it a native-input.

and you modified gpgme in the immediately following commit:

> commit 0e06bec250f34dbab378b2c1e937af75db900bcc
> Author: Leo Famulari <***@famulari.name>
> Date: Wed Dec 20 03:20:01 2017 -0500
>
> gnu: gpgme: Build with the latest GnuPG.
>
> * gnu/packages/gnupg.scm (gpgme)[inputs]: Use the latest gnupg package.
> [arguments]: Keep a reference to the gnupg package used for build.

Clearly you were aware that python-pygpgme needed adjustment to continue
building, and I appreciate your attention to detail here, but something
seems to have gone wrong. Since these commits, Hydra has failed to
build python-pygpgme and python2-pygpgme on all hydra-supported systems:

https://hydra.gnu.org/eval/109862#tabs-now-fail
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/python-pygpgme-0.3.x86_64-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/python-pygpgme-0.3.i686-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/python-pygpgme-0.3.armhf-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/python2-pygpgme-0.3.x86_64-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/python2-pygpgme-0.3.i686-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/python2-pygpgme-0.3.armhf-linux

I can reproduce the failure on my local GuixSD system as well.

Could you take a look?

Mark
Leo Famulari
2017-12-27 02:04:06 UTC
On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 07:11:13PM -0500, Mark H Weaver wrote:
> > Author: Leo Famulari <***@famulari.name>
> > Date: Wed Dec 20 03:20:01 2017 -0500
> >
> > gnu: gpgme: Build with the latest GnuPG.
> >
> > * gnu/packages/gnupg.scm (gpgme)[inputs]: Use the latest gnupg package.
> > [arguments]: Keep a reference to the gnupg package used for build.
>
> Clearly you were aware that python-pygpgme needed adjustment to continue
> building, and I appreciate your attention to detail here, but something
> seems to have gone wrong. Since these commits, Hydra has failed to
> build python-pygpgme and python2-pygpgme on all hydra-supported systems:

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

It's a consequence of having configured GPGME with --enable-fixed-path,
which in our case forces GPGME to use the GnuPG executable it was built
with. [0]

I made this change rather late in the development of these patches,
after having tested them more fully.

Since we previously let GPGME find GnuPG in the environment, and that
worked fine, I'll revert that part of the change shortly.

[0] https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29781#25
Mark H Weaver
2017-12-28 00:57:17 UTC
Leo Famulari <***@famulari.name> writes:

> On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 07:11:13PM -0500, Mark H Weaver wrote:
>> > Author: Leo Famulari <***@famulari.name>
>> > Date: Wed Dec 20 03:20:01 2017 -0500
>> >
>> > gnu: gpgme: Build with the latest GnuPG.
>> >
>> > * gnu/packages/gnupg.scm (gpgme)[inputs]: Use the latest gnupg package.
>> > [arguments]: Keep a reference to the gnupg package used for build.
>>
>> Clearly you were aware that python-pygpgme needed adjustment to continue
>> building, and I appreciate your attention to detail here, but something
>> seems to have gone wrong. Since these commits, Hydra has failed to
>> build python-pygpgme and python2-pygpgme on all hydra-supported systems:
>
> Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
>
> It's a consequence of having configured GPGME with --enable-fixed-path,
> which in our case forces GPGME to use the GnuPG executable it was built
> with. [0]
>
> I made this change rather late in the development of these patches,
> after having tested them more fully.
>
> Since we previously let GPGME find GnuPG in the environment, and that
> worked fine, I'll revert that part of the change shortly.
>
> [0] https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29781#25

Thanks for looking into it!

Alas, your most recent changes seem to have now broken qgpgme:

https://hydra.gnu.org/eval/109869#tabs-now-fail
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/qgpgme-1.9.0.x86_64-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/qgpgme-1.9.0.i686-linux
https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/qgpgme-1.9.0.armhf-linux

Mark
Leo Famulari
2017-12-28 04:05:21 UTC

Sigh... I didn't even know this package existed. I'll take a look.
Chris Marusich
2018-01-07 02:19:10 UTC
Leo Famulari <***@famulari.name> writes:

> On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 07:57:17PM -0500, Mark H Weaver wrote:
>> Alas, your most recent changes seem to have now broken qgpgme:
>>
>> https://hydra.gnu.org/eval/109869#tabs-now-fail
>> https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/qgpgme-1.9.0.x86_64-linux
>> https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/qgpgme-1.9.0.i686-linux
>> https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/qgpgme-1.9.0.armhf-linux
>
> Sigh... I didn't even know this package existed. I'll take a look.

I'm not sure how to use Hydra... Is there a place in Hydra one can go
after committing a change to know if it broke a package like this?

Chris
Marius Bakke
2018-01-07 12:42:27 UTC
Chris Marusich <***@gmail.com> writes:

> Leo Famulari <***@famulari.name> writes:
>
>> On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 07:57:17PM -0500, Mark H Weaver wrote:
>>> Alas, your most recent changes seem to have now broken qgpgme:
>>>
>>> https://hydra.gnu.org/eval/109869#tabs-now-fail
>>> https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/qgpgme-1.9.0.x86_64-linux
>>> https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/qgpgme-1.9.0.i686-linux
>>> https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/qgpgme-1.9.0.armhf-linux
>>
>> Sigh... I didn't even know this package existed. I'll take a look.
>
> I'm not sure how to use Hydra... Is there a place in Hydra one can go
> after committing a change to know if it broke a package like this?

See <https://hydra.gnu.org/jobset/gnu/master>.

If you click on an evaluation, you'll find a tab listing the new "jobs"
(builds), and another listing existing jobs that now started to fail.

The latest btrfs-progs broke on i686 and armhf, as an example:
<https://hydra.gnu.org/eval/109880#tabs-new>.
Chris Marusich
2018-01-08 02:57:43 UTC
Marius Bakke <***@fastmail.com> writes:

> Chris Marusich <***@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Sigh... I didn't even know this package existed. I'll take a look.
>>
>> I'm not sure how to use Hydra... Is there a place in Hydra one can go
>> after committing a change to know if it broke a package like this?
>
> See <https://hydra.gnu.org/jobset/gnu/master>.
>
> If you click on an evaluation, you'll find a tab listing the new "jobs"
> (builds), and another listing existing jobs that now started to fail.
>
> The latest btrfs-progs broke on i686 and armhf, as an example:
> <https://hydra.gnu.org/eval/109880#tabs-new>.

That's good to know. However, when I tried accessing the link

https://hydra.gnu.org/jobset/gnu/master

I get a 504 (gateway timeout). I feel like I often get this while
trying to browse Hydra. Does it load reliably for you?

Chris
Leo Famulari
2018-01-09 04:48:12 UTC
On Sun, Jan 07, 2018 at 06:57:43PM -0800, Chris Marusich wrote:
> That's good to know. However, when I tried accessing the link
>
> https://hydra.gnu.org/jobset/gnu/master
>
> I get a 504 (gateway timeout). I feel like I often get this while
> trying to browse Hydra. Does it load reliably for you?

Some periodic tasks on that server are very demanding and the web
interface becomes unreliable. It's usually a bit slow as well.
Leo Famulari
2017-12-28 04:56:17 UTC
On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 07:57:17PM -0500, Mark H Weaver wrote:
> Alas, your most recent changes seem to have now broken qgpgme:
>
> https://hydra.gnu.org/eval/109869#tabs-now-fail
> https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/qgpgme-1.9.0.x86_64-linux
> https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/qgpgme-1.9.0.i686-linux
> https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/qgpgme-1.9.0.armhf-linux

Okay, this should be fixed in commit 0684f1d6b522b9e54. Sorry for the
mess...