Removing configure option for Gnuastro 0.5
Mohammad Akhlaghi
2017-12-23 15:37:51 UTC
Dear Guix developers,

This is Mohammad Akhlaghi, the maintainer of GNU Astronomy Utilities.

Gnuastro 0.5 was just released and since it is also packaged in Guix, I
wanted to let you know that the `--enable-bin-op-alltypes' configure
time option is now removed (it was added with the 0.3 release).

You kindly added this configure time option after my request in June
2017 (link below). I now found a good way to solve the problem, so this
option is also removed.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-06/msg00172.html

Thank you very much,
Mohammad
Leo Famulari
2017-12-24 19:28:43 UTC
On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 04:37:51PM +0100, Mohammad Akhlaghi wrote:
> Dear Guix developers,
>
> This is Mohammad Akhlaghi, the maintainer of GNU Astronomy Utilities.
>
> Gnuastro 0.5 was just released and since it is also packaged in Guix, I
> wanted to let you know that the `--enable-bin-op-alltypes' configure time
> option is now removed (it was added with the 0.3 release).
>
> You kindly added this configure time option after my request in June 2017
> (link below). I now found a good way to solve the problem, so this option is
> also removed.
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-06/msg00172.html

Thanks for the reminder!

I notice our package is using libjpeg-8, while we also have libjpeg-9
available. Gnuastro seems to build fine with libjpeg-9, but I don't know
how to actually test it. Do you know if we can use libjpeg-9 for our
Gnuastro packaging?
Mohammad Akhlaghi
2017-12-24 19:53:28 UTC
Hi Leo,

Thanks a lot of applying the configuration change.

On December 24, 2017 8:28:43 PM GMT+01:00, Leo Famulari <***@famulari.name> wrote:

>I notice our package is using libjpeg-8, while we also have libjpeg-9
>available. Gnuastro seems to build fine with libjpeg-9, but I don't
>know
>how to actually test it. Do you know if we can use libjpeg-9 for our
>Gnuastro packaging?

There shouldn't be any problem with libjpeg-9.

Several tests of libjpeg are made during "make check". So if nothing fails there, then Gnuastro has used libjpeg-9 properly. Maybe this is the simplest test.

Thanks again,
Mohammad
Leo Famulari
2017-12-24 21:55:07 UTC
On Sun, Dec 24, 2017 at 08:53:28PM +0100, Mohammad Akhlaghi wrote:
> Hi Leo,
>
> Thanks a lot of applying the configuration change.
>

> On December 24, 2017 8:28:43 PM GMT+01:00, Leo Famulari <***@famulari.name> wrote:
>
> >I notice our package is using libjpeg-8, while we also have libjpeg-9
> >available. Gnuastro seems to build fine with libjpeg-9, but I don't
> >know
> >how to actually test it. Do you know if we can use libjpeg-9 for our
> >Gnuastro packaging?
>
> There shouldn't be any problem with libjpeg-9.
>
> Several tests of libjpeg are made during "make check". So if nothing fails there, then Gnuastro has used libjpeg-9 properly. Maybe this is the simplest test.

Okay, thanks for the info.

I've updated our package with commit
09c9fe4a77e93949cdb51ff0be330650aa1a0486:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=09c9fe4a77e93949cdb51ff0be330650aa1a0486