FOSDEM 2018 and announcing a GNU Guix/Guile day!
Add Reply
Pjotr Prins
2017-11-21 18:55:40 UTC
We are hosting a GNU Guix and Guile day on Friday before FOSDEM (that
is Feb 2nd.). We have a large room for 40 people at http://icab.be/
for the whole day. In the morning we'll have talks - and in the
afternoon it is free discussion and hacking.

Write Manolis, Ludo or me if you would like to give a talk.

We'll want to record them, so if anyone here has a camera and is
willing to help out we will be very grateful!

We'll set up a registration page a few weeks in advance because we
need to know how many lunches to order. Note you can also stay at
ICAB. It is not expensive and I have heard it is pretty good.

FOSDEM is one of the greatest free software events in the world with 2
days of talks on some 30 tracks https://fosdem.org/2018/! You should
consider going. Almost everyone I know who attends FOSDEM keeps coming
back. There is something for everyone! Personally, I get inspired
*every* time (sometimes detrimental to my free time the rest of the
year).

It is how I got to be part of Guix - it was a talk by Ludo. Hope to
see you there!

Pj.
Pjotr Prins
2017-11-22 16:39:53 UTC
I am booking a room at ICAB for 3 nights. Anyone else want to stay?

They ask you to book now, and you have to be pretty sure. It is a 20
minutes walk to downtown. I think that is perfect.

Pj.
Efraim Flashner
2017-11-26 09:04:50 UTC
Post by Pjotr Prins
I am booking a room at ICAB for 3 nights. Anyone else want to stay?
They ask you to book now, and you have to be pretty sure. It is a 20
minutes walk to downtown. I think that is perfect.
Pj.
That looks great. Unfortunately the walk from there to the University is
about 5km, so I'll probably be staying about midway between the two
again.
Post by Pjotr Prins
Post by Pjotr Prins
We are hosting a GNU Guix and Guile day on Friday before FOSDEM (that
is Feb 2nd.). We have a large room for 40 people at http://icab.be/
for the whole day. In the morning we'll have talks - and in the
afternoon it is free discussion and hacking.
Exciting! What time do we have the room from?
Post by Pjotr Prins
Post by Pjotr Prins
[...]
Efraim Flashner <***@flashner.co.il> א׀ךים ׀לשנך
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Pjotr Prins
2017-11-26 17:41:35 UTC
Post by Efraim Flashner
Post by Pjotr Prins
We are hosting a GNU Guix and Guile day on Friday before FOSDEM (that
is Feb 2nd.). We have a large room for 40 people at http://icab.be/
for the whole day. In the morning we'll have talks - and in the
afternoon it is free discussion and hacking.
Exciting! What time do we have the room from?
The building opens at 8am. I think we should officially start at 9am.

Pj.
Ludovic Courtès
2017-11-24 13:23:03 UTC
Heya,
Post by Pjotr Prins
We are hosting a GNU Guix and Guile day on Friday before FOSDEM (that
is Feb 2nd.). We have a large room for 40 people at http://icab.be/
for the whole day. In the morning we'll have talks - and in the
afternoon it is free discussion and hacking.
Woohoo! Save the date!
Post by Pjotr Prins
Write Manolis, Ludo or me if you would like to give a talk.
Likewise, please think about organizational or technical topics you’d
like to talk about in a possibly more informal way, and hack sessions
you’d like to see.

Looking forward to Feb. 2nd!

Ludo’.
Pjotr Prins
2017-11-24 15:09:15 UTC
Can we set up a wiki page for this?
Ludovic Courtès
2017-11-24 20:55:56 UTC
Post by Pjotr Prins
Post by Ludovic Courtès
Likewise, please think about organizational or technical topics you’d
like to talk about in a possibly more informal way, and hack sessions
you’d like to see.
Can we set up a wiki page for this?
Good idea. I suggest we set up one under
<https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix> (anyone can create an
account).

Ludo’.
Manolis Ragkousis
2017-12-05 17:59:38 UTC
Hello everyone,

We now have a wiki page for our FOSDEM GNU Guix/Guile day. [1]

If you are going to attend please add your name to the wiki, or just
respond to this email, so we can order enough lunches! Of course
everyone is welcome to come whether they register or not!

Also if you know anyone wanting to sponsor the event, please do tell him
to contact me or Pjotr!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Manolis

[1] https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/FOSDEM2018
Thomas Danckaert
2017-12-06 08:17:21 UTC
From: Manolis Ragkousis <***@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2018 and announcing a GNU Guix/Guile day!
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 19:59:38 +0200
Post by Manolis Ragkousis
If you are going to attend please add your name to the wiki, or just
respond to this email, so we can order enough lunches!
I'm going to attend.

Thomas
Ricardo Wurmus
2017-12-08 13:16:28 UTC
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 19:59:38 +0200
Post by Manolis Ragkousis
If you are going to attend please add your name to the wiki, or just
respond to this email, so we can order enough lunches!
I'm going to attend.
Please also add me and a second person to the list of people who will
attend.

Thanks!

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6 2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net
Mark Meyer

***@ofosos.org
ng0
2017-12-11 20:40:17 UTC
Post by Pjotr Prins
[...]
For those who can not make it to the meeting - I'm still not sure if
it'll be financially and timewise good for me to attend - could you
try to hook the meeting / talk parts into mumble? In other words,
have one laptop joined on a mumble server and (ideally) let those
back at home participate. We've done this with at least the last
GNUnet eV meeting and a couple of secushare meetings.

You can use our mumble server on gnunet.org for this.
--
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588
GnuPG: https://c.n0.is/ng0_pubkeys/tree/keys
WWW: https://n0.is
Pjotr Prins
2017-12-31 19:29:32 UTC
HNY GNU Guix. I think 2018 is going to be a great one.

Do consider attending the Guix day in Brussels!

Pj.
Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
2017-12-31 19:59:52 UTC
Post by Pjotr Prins
HNY GNU Guix. I think 2018 is going to be a great one.
Do consider attending the Guix day in Brussels!
I've just added my name to the wikilist. \o/

Very much looking forward to meeting everyone, both new and familiar.

Happy times,

T G-R