guile-wm / xcb questions
ng0
2017-12-12 13:44:48 UTC
I am able to use guile-wm. It starts, I can work it for a
very long time without crashing.
I'm trying to learn more about it so that I can extend it.
Now there's a problem where I'm not sure if the problem
lies within the Guix package or my way to load the module:

> scheme@(guile-user)> (use-modules (guile-wm module root-keymap))
> While compiling expression:
> no code for module (xcb xml)

guile-wm/modules/root-keymap.scm includes the set-rootkey
I'm trying to debug in my config of Guile-wm. Now Guile-wm
depends on Guile-xcb and the store folder of the guile-wm
build references guile-xcb.
When guile-wm is installed globally (system-wide) shouldn't
the xcb module be in my guile load path?
--
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588
GnuPG: https://c.n0.is/ng0_pubkeys/tree/keys
WWW: https://n0.is
ng0
2017-12-12 14:04:35 UTC
ng0 transcribed 1.8K bytes:
> I am able to use guile-wm. It starts, I can work it for a
> very long time without crashing.
> I'm trying to learn more about it so that I can extend it.
> Now there's a problem where I'm not sure if the problem
> lies within the Guix package or my way to load the module:
>
> > scheme@(guile-user)> (use-modules (guile-wm module root-keymap))
> > While compiling expression:
> > no code for module (xcb xml)
>
> guile-wm/modules/root-keymap.scm includes the set-rootkey
> I'm trying to debug in my config of Guile-wm. Now Guile-wm
> depends on Guile-xcb and the store folder of the guile-wm
> build references guile-xcb.
> When guile-wm is installed globally (system-wide) shouldn't
> the xcb module be in my guile load path?

With guile-xcb installed globally it works just fine:

WWW: https://n0.is
Ricardo Wurmus
2017-12-12 14:52:30 UTC
> When guile-wm is installed globally (system-wide) shouldn't
> the xcb module be in my guile load path?

guile-xcb is not propagated, so it won’t be installed in the same
profile. See the package definition of guile-wm.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6 2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net
ng0
2017-12-12 17:25:12 UTC
Ricardo Wurmus transcribed 0.3K bytes:

> > When guile-wm is installed globally (system-wide) shouldn't
> > the xcb module be in my guile load path?
>
> guile-xcb is not propagated, so it won’t be installed in the same
> profile. See the package definition of guile-wm.

Thanks. Yes, and I've looked into the problem I have with guile-wm,
it's definitely not caused by this.