Removing configure option for Gnuastro 0.5
Mohammad Akhlaghi
2017-12-23 15:37:51 UTC
Dear Guix developers,

This is Mohammad Akhlaghi, the maintainer of GNU Astronomy Utilities.

Gnuastro 0.5 was just released and since it is also packaged in Guix, I
wanted to let you know that the `--enable-bin-op-alltypes' configure
time option is now removed (it was added with the 0.3 release).

You kindly added this configure time option after my request in June
2017 (link below). I now found a good way to solve the problem, so this
option is also removed.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-06/msg00172.html

Thank you very much,
Mohammad
Leo Famulari
2017-12-24 19:28:43 UTC
Post by Mohammad Akhlaghi
Dear Guix developers,
This is Mohammad Akhlaghi, the maintainer of GNU Astronomy Utilities.
Gnuastro 0.5 was just released and since it is also packaged in Guix, I
wanted to let you know that the `--enable-bin-op-alltypes' configure time
option is now removed (it was added with the 0.3 release).
You kindly added this configure time option after my request in June 2017
(link below). I now found a good way to solve the problem, so this option is
also removed.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-06/msg00172.html
Thanks for the reminder!

I notice our package is using libjpeg-8, while we also have libjpeg-9
available. Gnuastro seems to build fine with libjpeg-9, but I don't know
how to actually test it. Do you know if we can use libjpeg-9 for our
Gnuastro packaging?
Mohammad Akhlaghi
2017-12-24 19:53:28 UTC
Hi Leo,

Thanks a lot of applying the configuration change.
Post by Leo Famulari
I notice our package is using libjpeg-8, while we also have libjpeg-9
available. Gnuastro seems to build fine with libjpeg-9, but I don't know
how to actually test it. Do you know if we can use libjpeg-9 for our
Gnuastro packaging?
There shouldn't be any problem with libjpeg-9.

Several tests of libjpeg are made during "make check". So if nothing fails there, then Gnuastro has used libjpeg-9 properly. Maybe this is the simplest test.

Thanks again,
Mohammad
Leo Famulari
2017-12-24 21:55:07 UTC
Post by Leo Famulari
I notice our package is using libjpeg-8, while we also have libjpeg-9
available. Gnuastro seems to build fine with libjpeg-9, but I don't know
how to actually test it. Do you know if we can use libjpeg-9 for our
Gnuastro packaging?
There shouldn't be any problem with libjpeg-9.
Several tests of libjpeg are made during "make check". So if nothing fails there, then Gnuastro has used libjpeg-9 properly. Maybe this is the simplest test.
Okay, thanks for the info.

I've updated our package with commit
09c9fe4a77e93949cdb51ff0be330650aa1a0486:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=09c9fe4a77e93949cdb51ff0be330650aa1a0486