GSoC-2018
Sandeep Subramanian
2018-04-27 17:43:33 UTC
Hi all,

I am Sandeep Subramanian (uniq10) and I have been selected for the
GSoC-2018 project "Continue rewrite build daemon in Guile Scheme".
(Project description:
https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/GSoC-2018#Continue_rewrite_build_daemon_in_Guile_Scheme
)

I am very excited to work on this project and am looking forward to
interacting
with the community here and on the #guix IRC channel (Nick: uniq10).
I will mostly be active from UTC 08:00 to UTC 20:00.

I hope to, with your help, successfully complete this project and make a
meaningful contribution to the community.
Catonano
welcome and good luck !!
Kei Kebreau
Welcome!
Caleb Ristvedt
2018-04-28 21:40:22 UTC
Hi Sandeep/uniq10, welcome!

I'm the person that worked on the rewrite last year (I like to go by
reepca in conversations and irc). I'm glad that you'll be working on it
this summer. I still feel like I didn't do enough last summer, though,
so if there's any way I can help, I'd be glad to (though the next couple
of days are finals here, so I'll be rather busy just then).

If you have any questions about the code or find yourself reading
through a bunch of C++ you'd rather not be reading through and thinking
to yourself "that other guy probably already had to do this...", feel
free to ask. I'm in #guix pretty much all the time (though only on my
desktop, so if I'm away the response may be delayed), though you'll
probably have to ping me.

- reepca
Ludovic Courtès
2018-04-29 17:23:23 UTC
Welcome Sandeep, and thank you reepca for offering to help!

Ludo’.
Sandeep Subramanian
2018-04-30 10:50:23 UTC
Hi reepca,

Thank you!

I will keep in touch with you on #guix.

--
uniq10
- reepca
Pierre Neidhardt
2018-04-29 06:58:46 UTC
This is a great idea, I'd really love to see this come true!

Good luck and happy hacking!
--
Pierre Neidhardt

I'm glad we don't have to play in the shade.
-- Golfer Bobby Jones on being told that it was 105 degrees
in the shade.